Sunday, January 16, 2011

I LEFT MY HEART IN SAN FRANCISCO

Yesterday, I went to San Francisco. 
Why is this important? Because it's the first time I have ever gone in my entire life!

Yes, I have driven through it on my way to somewhere else... but I hardly think that counts. 

I went with a wonderful group of people (except you Josh L =]) and I couldn't resist sharing some of the highlights of my experience.

THE DRIVE. 
I think taking a long drive with someone can be as intimate as giving them a hug or buying them a gift - a hug because you are essentially agreeing to stay in close proximity to someone for a set amount of time and a gift because it only takes approximately fifteen minutes to wear out surface topics and move on to sharing deeper things. 
Thats why I love them. 
Here is a question that came up worthy of consideration. If you are siamese twins, and you must remain attached to live, should you have to pay separate tuitions for college? 
Also, what is your biggest fear? 

THE ATTEMPT TO FIND A PARKING SPACE. 
There is really nothing interesting to share but seeing as we spent half the day doing this I thought it deserved mentioning. 
=]

PIER 39 
I love places dedicated to eating delicious food. The view was also gorgeous... 

I had the full experience. It was a perfect day to be on the pier. Crisp and cool, the sun was out and there was a light breeze. We browsed through the t-shirts, sunglasses, hats and postcards. We went inside to look at paintings and drawings of what was right outside. We watched the sea lions wrestle and bark. The whole shebang. 

One of things I was looking forward to the most was listening to the street performers. And well, we did hear them...
Thats ok, I guess not everyone is the stuff of movie making. 

HAIGHT STREET
I love haight street.
(I just wanted to say that.) 

Shopping! 
The girls had a field day admiring clothing we could never afford to have or find the courage to wear while the guys had a field day admiring the girls... =] 
The houses in San Francisco greatly resemble the people - no two being alike. And the brick buildings are gorgeous. I loved seeing architecture with character. 
My favorite thing about spending time in the city was whenever anything out of the ordinary happened, one could just shrug and say "Eh...San Francisco" I think that could be what people say to explain me sometimes. "Eh...Hannah." 

THE PERFECT END TO A PERFECT DAY.
Seven people. 
Seven spoons. 
One carton of chocolate chip ice cream. 

I usually do my best to give the reader a reason to read what I write but I admit this blog was a wee bit self indulgent. I now have a blog entry, a slightly sunburned nose, and a shiny pressed penny to remember the day.

Thanks for reading. I love you guys. 

3 comments:

  1. I got a shoutout! Wooohooo! Granted it means that everyone except me was wonderful, but who cares! Hahah. I agree with everything you said, except the part about me not being wonderful, I mean come on, it's me! LOL jk. You guys left too early though! You missed Twin Peaks! The BEST view in the entire city! Another time perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We will have to go another time...and maybe you will think twice next time you judge me lol Thanks for reading, number eight ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 8??? I've dropped that far? I see how it is! LOL.

    ReplyDelete