Wednesday, March 30, 2011

QUOTE OF THE WEEK


I am trying to create good blogging habits. I have been reading more, brainstorming more, and exercising more sarcasm in my day to day speech. All for you dear reader.

I can easily compare blogging to exercising. At first it sounds like a great idea and you're super inspired and raring to go. Then after a time or two you get bored and merely pretend to do it from time to time. Before long you're broke from your gym membership and fatter then when you started. Ok, that last point only relates to exercising. This principle however applies to both. The more you do it, the easier it gets and the more it becomes part of your life. So this blog is to keep me from becoming creatively flabby. Lucky readers.

I don't have much of a plan for this particular post, but its been an absurd amount of time since the last one and I did want to take a moment to thank you (whoever and wherever you are) for checking in regularly even when I'm slacking. And I know you're probably wondering what happened to part two. I didn't forget. I just need more time to finish it. Don't fret. If you read it, it will come. 


For now, here is your quote for this week.
Read it. Ponder it. Love it.


Embrace relational uncertainty. It's called romance.
Embrace spiritual uncertainty. It's called mystery.
Embrace occupational uncertainty. It's called destiny.
Embrace emotional uncertainty. It's called joy.
Embrace intellectual uncertainty. It's called revelation.
-Mark Batterson
(In a pit with a lion on a snowy day) 

No comments:

Post a Comment