Monday, September 5, 2011

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

"It's not about what I want you to do, it's about who I made you to be."
-God

It's been a crazy summer. Is that an understatement?
What better way to end a summer far away from home then uprooting my entire life four days after I return to move to a different city? As a mediocre writer, legendary feeler, and obsessive thinker, I'm tempted to recount every detail of how I got here for the purpose of analyzing the meaning behind every experience. I can just picture myself sitting in a bookstore, a lukewarm cup of coffee on the desk beside my computer, typing furiously to prevent a single detail from escaping my memory. It's quite a story. This is true. But I'm not going to do that. I don't think introspection is the reason God brought me to this both physical and spiritual place.

God brought me here to fall in love with him. 

If you could spent a summer blind you would most certainly see the fall with new eyes. It's taken an entire summer of missions for me to realize I'm the mission. I set out, determined to do the work of God, never realizing that I'm the work of God. My time in Australia was invaluable to me because it drained me. It exhausted every effort I had to do the work I believed God wanted me to accomplish. And when I was too tired to move, no fight left in me, God took me by the hand and led me here. He led me away from everything I know. He separated me from my old ways of living and my old ways of thinking. And then, wrapping his arms around me, he asked me for just one thing. He asked me to allow myself to love him.

I have a feeling the adventure is only beginning...



3 comments:

  1. Excited for you, It is going to be quite the ride. You are buckled in and holding on, aren't you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just barely ; ) I miss Saturday night service so much! Hope you guys are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think His plan is working...go figure!

    ReplyDelete