Monday, September 27, 2010

WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE

I have decided to title every blog that I post with the title of a song. 

You may not have noticed this yet for two reasons. The first and most obvious reason is as of this post I have only posted two blogs. Is that the correct term?  "Blogs"?? That sounds awful. Thats a fair reason.

The second reason is the song that I choose to title the first "blog" is from High School Musical. I would say the odds are extremely good that the average reader would not admit to watching High School Musical in the first place... let alone admit to knowing the title of one of the songs. But don't worry, I know the truth. And if you are one of the precious few who joined me in singing "Livin' in my own world... didn't understand..." in your head when you saw the title of the previous posting and will openly admit it. I applaud your bravery. Rest assured that you are not alone.

The title of this posting It must be called a "posting" not a "blog". Good. For some reason the word "blog" makes me think of a fat guy. was a close contest between WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE and WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS... you know, that song on the pepsi commercials. Its the one that goes...

Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? 
And then it goes...(you guessed it!)
Why can't we be friends?


I cant stand the song. It will stay in your head for hours! But I was seriously considering it because it helps emphasis the point I am about to make and it was sung by a band called WAR. I love irony.

Irony is the opposite of wrinkly.
(Thank you, Sam)

But in the end WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW IS LOVE won out because of its mass appeal and popularity. I had to pick something that would help people remember why they even read this stupid blog after realizing that the writer is a die hard High School Musical fan. And also, nobody can read the title without singing...

its the only thing that there's juuuusssttt too little of


... and i like the fact that you have to sing it. You just have to.

Fun fact. 

If your like me then sometimes when you look at a word for too long it starts to look misspelled. Gosh, I hope I spelled "misspelled" correctly. This just happened to me with the word "title". When I spelled it t-i-t-l-e it seemed too short and when I spelled it t-i-t-t-l-e it seemed too long. So I went to to my trusted dictionary and the correct spelling is in fact t-i-t-l-e. However, I have spell check on my computer and the little squiggly Dang. The word "squiggly" is in my spell check! red line did not appear for either of them. So I looked up the spelling t-i-t-t-l-e. And it turns out that is a word! It means:


1.  a small mark in printing or writing, esp a diacritic
2.  a jot; particle


How interesting.

Anyways...

It has come to my attention that there are some issues that are separating us as Americans. They are causing dissension among us. The fighting and the bickering.... I can ignore it no longer! There are few who see conflict for what it is and are willing to bravely step forward and bring the truth into the light for all to see. I am one of the few.

In this blog (posting? ugh!) I will not be able to address all of the issues that I see turning brother against brother... but I have chosen a select few in the hopes that those who read may see and understand and lay these arguments to rest! I am going to prove to you that this conflict need not be... because there is no conflict to begin with.

Unfortunately I fully expect heated steaming debate to rise like baking bread from this posting. How could it not when such personal feeling is involved? However, I advise those who feel themselves getting a little hot under the color to look to the song! Look to the song, man! What the world needs now is love... sweet love.




SUBWAY VS. TOGO'S: THEY ARE THE SAME. 

I can already feel the sure fury from dedicated sandwich lovers directed at me for daring to even think such a thought, let alone declare it in bold font. But the truth must be set free! You are being deceived. They are the exact same sandwiches.

In our society today, the people have chosen sides...

The subway side:
"Subway is way better then togo's! We don't measure out our meat on those little scales that we used to use for science experiments in high school! Just because most of our workers are in high school doesn't mean that we can't leave the childish tools behind, ok? Its time to graduate! We give you the meats sliced... the way you deserve. And look at the peppers that togo's put in your sandwich! They are whole! Stem and everything included...what? Are we animals now? Cut the pepper for heaven sake! Yeah, the whole pepper thing is weird. Also, have you seen the way they cut their sandwiches? It doesn't even look like a sandwich! It looks like a giant sandwich sushi roll! Really? If I wanted sandwich sushi, I would have asked for it!"

The togo's side:
"Togo's is way better then subway! At subway you can see over the counter! Imagine being able to see everything that goes on in the process of making your sandwich! Its a disgrace. A person shouldn't be able to see what goes on in the process of making their food, ok? Subway is taking all the magic and mystery out of sandwich making! And what is with the pizza? Oh, were a pizza joint now? Look at me! Im subway! I serve pizza! NO! You bite off more then you could chew Subway. And for the record...here at togo's we don't ration our sauces, ok? I know that you have those little squirt bottles so that the customer only gets one soupy bite at the end, but we believe in letting them taste the sauce in every bite. You would do well to learn from us."

All over American, people have chosen a side and learned the choreographed dance fight (West Side Story reference! Boo ya!). But I feel compelled to tell you the truth. In the end, they are both the same sandwiches. The are both just meat and bread dressed up in veggies and sauces that kill the taste of the veggies. We need to accept them both equally... without choosing sides.

I know! I know. You claim you can taste the difference. To you I will respond... you are also the person who claims you can taste the difference between Hidden Valley ranch dressing and Kraft ranch dressing aren't you? My case sleeps.


The good news is all hope is not lost. There is something that both the subway soldiers and the togo's team members can agree on... quizno's commercials are the WORST!
Moving on...


The issue that has caused distention among young girls everywhere:
Which Twilight Movie is the best: They are the same. 


Ok, now they are just messing with us.

Which movie do you think is the best? A question that causes constant bickering and discussion...

I swear to you they have taken the same movie and released it three times... simply putting the scenes in different orders. Am I seriously the only person who suspects foul play? I have many friends who are fans of the movies and when I am asked the question "Which movie do you think is the best?" I am absolutely dumbfounded.

Girls, Lets be honest, boys don't argue about this particular issue. lets not allow ourselves to be struck dumb by abs and... whatever Robert Pattinson thinks he is bringing to the table. Lets just look at the facts. The only soul that is in danger is ours... its at risk from being separated from our sanity from spending countless hours debating which movie Jacob looks best in!

The third one. Duh.

I repeat myself. Lets not allow this debate to pull us apart.


And now, to the guys...
Survivor Man vs Man vs Wild: ...........


I have to be careful with this one. Every single member of the opposite sex that I have discussed this issue with has strong infallible opinions that they swear cannot be swayed.

You will notice that I didn't even dare to state that they were the exact same show Even though they are... because I knew that every man who read such a statement would come after me to attack me with a hunting knife that they learned how to use from watching one of them.

I also have another reason for not attacking this issue too strongly. My honey has a very strong opinion on this matter and I have no desire at this point to end our relationship.
I know.

Thats ok boys! If you must continue the Bear Oh my goodness, his name is BEAR. Grylls vs Survivorman because nobody even knows his real name debate...by all means go ahead. But we know the truth.

BEAR GRYLLS IS WAY MORE MANLY!

Yes, my boyfriend is on the man vs wild side... your point?

Conclusion:

Look, there are so many more debates-that-are-not-debates I could address. Really? You think that there is a difference between Survivor season one and Survivor season thirty eight? Really?

But I think I have made my point. Lets not let these issues come between us. What the world needs now is what?....thats right.

AND!

We can always go back to what we know to be true. McDonald's fries are just plain better then In-n-out. I know that In-n-Out leads you to think that french fries can be "made fresh" but the truth is...nothing that is fried in oil can ever be described with the word "fresh". But if you choose to believe that, I cannot condemn you. We are all entitled to some self-delusion. I consider caesar salad to be a legitimate serving of vegetables. So there you go...










2 comments:

  1. Fun Fact. If you notice, McDonalds and In N' Out have the same colors. That is not a mere coincidence. The owner of In N' Out and the owner of Mcdonalds originally wanted to work together to put out the best burger. But Mcdonald's idea of mass production of low quality smut wasn't cutting it for the In N' Out creator, so he branched off to bring us quality we can taste. In N' Out fries don't even come close to Mcdonalds, while there burgers top Mcdonalds on so many scales. -DA

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I did not know that, and I totally agree =] Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete