Thursday, December 2, 2010

MAMAS DONT LET YOUR BABIES GROW UP TO BE COWBOYS

The female heart and the hard boiled egg. 

Once upon the beginning of time, the Creator designed the egg. Flawless. Beautiful. Purposed to give life.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

Then the egg fell. The egg fell into a pot of
scalding
searing
boiling
water.

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

But all was not lost. Even though the egg could no longer reach the perfection of its original purpose, it still had so much value. It still contained life-giving nutrients and a richness that could nourish and sustain.

...she would become the mother of all the living

But there was a catch.

The goodness of the egg was surrounded by a shell.
The Creator purposely designed that shell. Strong enough to hold the beauty of life yet weak enough to be completely removed... the Creator intended one to come to free the egg for its true purpose.

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife...

It would be a delicate process. Sometimes the shell would stick. Sometimes it would slide off without the deserved effort and sometimes it would only come off bit by bit. The egg itself could crack if one was not careful and if dropped the egg would be of no further use.

Then the one intended to be the intended came along...

A long glance,
a moment,
and the pursuit began - a small crack appeared.

A confession from the heart,
a sweet kiss,
and quality time spent - a piece fell to the ground.

A promise made,
intent declared,
and trust was given - the crack in the shell branched and multiplied into ten.

And then intended and the intention were gone. And the egg was left with the broken pieces.

Do not gloat over me, my enemy! 
   Though I have fallen, I will rise. 
Though I sit in darkness, 
   the LORD will be my light.







Someday, as I am running with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength towards the Lord, I will look to my right or to my left and see someone running next to me.

Glorify the LORD with me; 
   let us exalt his name together.


Take my hand. Lets run this race together.

No comments:

Post a Comment