Thursday, March 10, 2011

FROM THE INSIDE OUT


Give the Lord the praise he deserves.
Praise his perfect and glorious name because he is worthy. 
Let not my emotions nor my understanding of a situation hinder my worship.
Let me sing to him because he is good.

I will remember to thank you, O Lord, for listening to my prayers.
The exhausting overflow of my sinful heart,
you delight in understanding. 
How astounding is your patience. 

The desires of my heart are self-centered and burdensome,
yet you don't love me in spite of them - you love me after knowing all of them already. 
You are the only one who possesses all my secrets.
The depth of your knowing is beyond me.

I am worn out my constant failing,
but you're an eternity away from giving up. 
You delight in teaching me your word and your ways.
Great is your faithfulness. 

My sins are against you and you alone,
yet you do not withhold your forgiveness when I approach the throne of grace.
You wouldn't even spare your own son,
thats how much I mean to you. 

You created me with a desire to be loved,
you have watched every struggle.
You have counted all my tears,
though they are great in number. 

Yet, I pursue that which does not satisfy!
I manipulate and strive for that which fails me. 
Yet you always remain,
watching and waiting. 

Your power is great and not to be trifled with. 
You desire to show me your glory. 
If only I knew the splendor and might you possess,
then I would no longer turn away from you. 

Our time spent together is precious to you,
may I never forsake it for busyness. 
You have blessed me greatly,
but none of those blessings compare to knowing you. 

I will sing to you as long as I live.
Give me the strength to follow your ways.
Empower me through your Spirit to die to self today.
May my own life mean nothing to me in the knowledge of your will. 

-A Psalm of Hannah 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart, with Him and us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After this post, I think your blog can longer be titled, "The blog about everything and nothing." A Psalm of Hannah is so much more than 'nothing'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete