Saturday, July 16, 2011

BRICK HOUSE

I'm here! 

And I would like to go on record to say... when you flush the toilet here, it does NOT spin the opposite way. I am extremely disappointed about that. I really didn't know that was a myth.

The city of Melbourne is BEAUTIFUL! You always hear people say their city is mixture of all the beauty of old world and the technology of today. But let me tell you... that is the truth in Melbourne. Most of the buildings are brick, which is my absolute favorite, and it makes every angle on the street a high fashion photo opportunity. But at the same time, everywhere you look you can see construction and improvements being made. Our hotel is smack in the middle of the city, which means we can (and do) walk or take the train everywhere. I love it!

The local people are super trendy and helpful. Yesterday we split into groups of four and went on a scavenger hunt that took us all over the city. I mean, all over the city. We had to take public transportation, walk, and sometimes run like idiots everywhere! But our mini "amazing race" experience was the perfect beginning. This is our home away from home for the next six weeks and now we all feel like locals.

The internet access is expensive so I walked to the shopping plaza to use it for free. But that means my posts are going to be a bit shorter and farther spaced then I originally planned. My battery is also almost dead... so I have to give you guys the readers digest version of everything that has been happening.

Ok...

Total travel time = a little over twenty hours. Most of it in the dark since we were flying away from the sun. Totally trippy but it made jet lag almost a non-issue. It was like having a really, really long night. We're all raring to go.

Local mission team and "STINTers" = AH-mazing, lovely people. Bri, if you're reading this. Turns out I'm working with Nina, and she says hi back!

Time change = Well, it's 4:50 pm for me right now and its 11:50 for you. But we skipped a day in the air... so it's tomorrow for me.

God = So good! We got to go to church in a movie theater today! The seats were way too comfortable for church... But the preaching and the communion were amazing and much needed. We're also still being trained and prepared for when we begin our official ministry when the students start school this thursday.

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting and better things to share but I'm running out of time and my brain is like oatmeal right now.
I love and miss everyone! I can't believe I'm on the other side of the world. It still hasn't sank in yet...

Please pray for me! Pray that God will be able to speak to me as I seek Him with my whole heart. And pray that we will be a light to everyone we come into contact with! More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment