Monday, July 11, 2011

WHEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Dear Lord, I sure am thankful for the peace you've given me the past few days. If I had spent all that time feeling the way I'm feeling now I'd probably curl up and die. Lets do this. You know, I keep thinking about something Pastor Tim said in a sermon he gave about Moses a few weeks ago.

Moses committed himself to doing God's work but he didn't commit himself to the God whose work he was trying to do...

Sometimes I think I do that. So God, I don't commit myself to the idea of serving you. I don't commit myself to the anticipation of personal growth. And I don't commit myself to winning souls, planting seeds, or lighting fires. I commit myself and next six weeks to YOU.

God, I think it's an amazing thing that you had some work to be done in Australia and you searched the entire earth and decided I was the right one to do it. Give me the strength to fulfill your plan for me each day. Prepare the hearts of every person I come in touch with. Be sovereign over our trip, Lord. And above all else... bring glory, honor, and praise to yourself. Be lifted high in our lives, God.

I'm not getting on the plane by myself tomorrow, Lord. So I sure hope you're planning on coming with me...

Also, thank you for the cheesy bread for dinner. That was yummy.
Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Hannah Mcdowell,

    You are the most encouraging person ever!! I read your posts, all of your personal conversations with God and I am so thankful and encouraged to be your friend!! I have been praying for your trip and I am so excited to see how God will move through you in your time in Australia! Enjoy every second of it girl!! I'm expecting many a blog posts about your times and I will continue to comment because I don't have connection with you any other way!! I love you and be safe!
    Keep fighting the Good fight!
    xoxo Colbie

    PS I'm listening to Justin Beiber as I write this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah...You and the Lord are one amazing team! Can't wait to read about how He will glorify Himself through you...I love you BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the love!! It encourages me so much! I will be doing my best to keep on posting!

    Colbie! Girl, shoot. I miss you already! Don't worry, I've got my eyes on the finish line.. running the race with endurance, amen? I got to hang out with Ben on the fourth of July. I wish you could have been there! I mean, after all... you are the best part of that couple ; ) Ben, if you're reading.. I'm sorry but you know it's true. Love you guys!

    Mrs. S! I love you more!! I prayed for you today... miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and I am so excited for what is to come for you!! I heard you had an awesome fourth and I'm jealous of your time with ben hahaha :) but i just wanted to inform you that BIG TIME RUSH is playing at the OC fair!! If you weren't going to be so far away I would have you drive down so we could go together! I guess another time! Ps this is the only way I can contact you huh? I guess I have to read your blog then;) haha jk I can't wait to read more and hear about how God moves through you in Australia!! Have a blast girl <3

    ReplyDelete