Thursday, July 14, 2011

YOU CAN FLY!

Oh my goodness! Australia is so beautiful! Boomerangs really do come right back to you! And everyone is feeding shrimp to their barbies... PSYCH! Actually, we're at briefing...

You laugh... but its been strange for some of us on Team Wallabe (Yes, we know we spell it wrong. I don't think we did it on purpose but we're saying we did because we're jus' coo' like that. "Representin' 'merica" - i believe is how our team leader explains it.) because it really is how we feel. We're staying at a hotel in L.A... learning everything they can teach us in a few days' time to prepare us for our summer project. I can compare the feeling of these days at briefing to when you're waiting in line at Disney Land and you think you have just one more turn around the corner until you're on the ride and then you turn the corner and there are a million people and five more hours of waiting to go on the Peter Pan ride!! Come on! Why is it always the Peter Pan ride?? Not the point. The point is we are all raring to go and for some reason none of us considered that we'd be spending several days in the States before we flew overseas.

I definitely didn't plan well for these days. I packed my bag to the exact specifications I was allowed. I didn't waste an inch and that baby is DENSE. So now I have to go into stealth mode to try to grab my toothbrush and a fresh set of clothes or else everything will explode everywhere!!

But regardless, this time of training has been a total blessing. We've been learning so many things. Goodwin, our team leader, taught us we should listen to our team leaders. He backed this up with a reference from Goodwin 4:8, an enlightening book to say the least. We also learned NOW IS THE TIME FOR P.O.O.P. - which we found out means it's a good time to bond with the People On Our Team. Was this a necessary acronym? Absolutely.

In addition to these valuable lessons, I've already started trying new things. Today I had my very first chick-fil-A sandwich. Very tasty. I walked away from the experience with this...


...and a coupon for another free chick-fil-a sandwich, which some guy named Erwin guaranteed would work at ANY chick-fil-A ANYWHERE in the United States. Good deal.  

I know what you're thinking... what could possibly compare? I should just wrap up now. 
But wait...

In all seriousness, there is something better to share. Something more valuable then team preparation, building relationships, and a free chick-fil-A stomachache. Commissioning. 

Our leaders and staff wanted to officially send us off in the best way possible. So our "servant-leaders" washed our feet and prayed for each and every one of us. And then we ended with group prayer. I really needed every moment. It was such a blessing to experience the shift from feeling like I was chasing, pushing, and working to go on this summer project to feeling like the Lord was sending me through the prayers of his leaders. It was a huge burden lifted off my shoulders. The Lord has handpicked this team and tonight we were bonded through prayer and His Spirit. He is going to do is doing amazing things! So I consider this the beginning of an amazing thing... because we have officially rounded the amusement park corner and the boarding platform is in sight. 

And this ride is going to be even better then the Peter Pan ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment