Sunday, May 22, 2011

SOBBIN' WOMEN

THINK ABOUT THIS


“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?"
    Luke 6:46 


I was really challenged by this verse this week. The more I think about it, the more it impacts me. Lord means "master". It means what He says is the ruling authority over my life. It means what He commands matters, because it dictates my life. Another way of saying this is: Why are you calling me master if nothing I say impacts what you do? 


I address Jesus as "Lord" all the time. Is it possible that he is my God but he isn't my Lord? Something I've been considering... 


UPDATE


I have wonderful news about the fundraising for my trip! My goal was to reach at least the $4000 mark by June 7th because I leave for my first trip June 8th and I didn't want to have to come back in a panic. 


God is so good.


I have officially broken the $3500 mark! And even more has been promised...


This is even more amazing considering I sent out the letter just a little over a month ago. Who raises that much money in a month? God, thats who! I am so moved by his provision for me. It gives me the confidence to move forward...


Thank you so much to all who have prayed and to all who have given! You don't even know how much it means to me... 


PRAYER REQUEST


Please be praying for me these next few weeks. Leaving my job isn't going to be nearly as easy as I thought it was going to be. I have been a nanny for the same kids for almost two years and I keep breaking down every time I think about my last day (June 3rd) rapidly approaching. Please pray I will finish strong and that God would be present in my weakness. 


WHAT ABOUT? 

My friend Andrea is considering guest blogging for this blog. Topic: Did guys invent motorcycle rides to get chicks? I am definitely interested in what she has to say. If you recall, I had similar suspicions about rock climbing...


QUOTE OF THE WEEK
(I'm just going to throw it in this post.)



Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin





SEE THIS!
The reason for the title of this post.




Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
I am currently watching this movie for the 783957483964 time.
It is the best movie of all time.


CRYPTIC THOUGHT ABOUT MY LIFE




I always thought I believed in people. But perhaps I just have false expectations because I want you to be something your not. Why else am I constantly disappointed?


MY "AH-HA" MOMENT 

I was given a golden piece of wisdom this week. 

"Hannah, Satan is going to use what you care about to lead you astray. Why would he bother with things that don't matter to you?" 

So good to be reminded.

A VERSE FOR THE LADIES TO CONSIDER

Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.  Proverbs 11:22 

CLOSING THOUGHT

To all those joining me on my summer adventure,
I can't wait to meet you. I pray the Lord is preparing your heart and mind in the way only He can. I'm so excited to see what is going to happen... 
Much love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment